Consistently Winning at Roulette Is Easier Than You Think

Can You Consistently Win at Roulette?

When it comes to playing roulette, patience and dedication are the characteristics you need. If you want to maximize your chances of winning a lot of money, you need to focus on the right things.

There might be some tips available in many online casinos, but those are just ways of marketing the casino itself. As a result, many people keep asking if they can consistently win at roulette.

Can you consistently win at roulette? No, it is not possible to win at roulette every time you play. It depends solely on luck, and the house advantage varies in terms of the roulette variant you play. To win roulette, you need to experiment and practice different strategies to earn more money.

In this article, you will find everything you need to know to ensure you have a better chance of winning roulette and gaining better odds when you play this exciting casino game.

Getting Started With the Game of Roulette

The key to securing your wins at roulette is to set up the game the right way. Aside from that, you should have everything ready before you play, and not while you are playing.

This is why roulette is divided into different parts: the before play, the while you play, and, most importantly, the betting strategies.

Roulette is a gambling game, and it depends on luck, so you need to know the house advantage because it varies depending on the roulette variant you play. Most of the time, it is never equal to zero.

European vs. American Roulette

It might be an obvious thing to most experienced players, but there is a significant difference between European and American roulette.

According to experts, you should never play American roulette games and instead should always choose the European variants.

This is because the European roulette wheel has a different order of numbers.

The two variants of the roulette game feature the results, which means that you will get paid 35 to 1 every time you guess the single right number. The difference is that you get more chances to win the game of roulette.

The European roulette wheel comes with 37 slots, which means you have one chance in 37 to win every time you place a bet on a single number.

The odds can get considerably worse for American roulette because it has a second green slot, which brings the odds to one chance in 38 on each single number set.

Given that they both offer the same payout, normally 35:1, your choice is still pretty obvious.

Roulette Strategy

Strategies are essential in any game, and this is no different in casino games like roulette. Understanding the basics of playing roulette and strategies is important if you want to be a successful player.

Knowing about the roulette wheels, tables, chips, betting, and the game process is essential.

This always depends on whether you want to win small pots more frequently or maximize the possible jackpot.

Any discussion of roulette strategy is a must, as you need to be observant and know the game’s mathematics. Truth be told, the math behind roulette is pretty straightforward.

However, a strategy is necessary if you want to beat the roulette game in the long run.

The House Edge

To be familiar with the strategy, you need to know what the house edge is. The house edge is the percentage that predicts how much of each bet the casino expects to win for a long period of time.

The formula is straightforward and is based on calculating the expected value of each bet.

For instance, in a standard bet, you have an 18 over 38 chance of winning and a 20 over 38 chance of losing. If your bet is $1, you will $1 less than half the time, and you will probably lose $1 over half the time.

This means that you have at least a 47.37% chance of winning $1. This equates to +$0.47. On the other hand, you have a 52.63% chance of losing a dollar, which can be equated to -$0.53.

Adding these two, you will get an expected value of -$0.05, or 5.26%.


In some other areas, like Atlantic City, there is a rule called surrendering. This kind of rule reduces the house edge, but it does not eliminate it.

On the other hand, it can be applied only to the outside bets that pay the same amount of money, which includes bets like red or black, odd or even, and high or low.

If the surrender rule is implemented, you will lose only half your bet if the ball lands on 0 or 00. As a result, this kind of move will reduce the house edge to 2.63%.

European Roulette

European roulette was mentioned in the comparison above, and it has a major difference from the American version of the roulette table. The European version of the wheel has only a single zero instead of having 0 and 00.

As a result, experts call it single zero roulette. This kind of variation can cut the house edge in half, gaining up to 2.7%.

You are still guaranteed to lose money on this version, but you will lose it more slowly. 

En Prison

Not only does European roulette have a single zero roulette wheel, but you will also find a rule variation called en prison.

This is basically the same thing as the surrender rule in Atlantic City. If you make an even-money bet and the ball falls on 0, your money will be imprisoned instead of being lost.

Following the next spin, if your original bet is good, then you get your original wager back. On the other hand, if you lost, you lose your original wager.

This type of rule variation cuts the house edge in half to 1.35%. This is why the European version of the game, together with en prison roulette, is on par with blackjack and video poker.

Biased Wheels

Those people who consider themselves avid gamblers have probably heard the term “exploiting biased wheels.” The concept is that a roulette wheel is an object, and it is not made perfectly.

As a result, some numbers can come up more often than others. If you can clock the wheel and figure out which numbers show up, you will have an advantage over the casino.

However, there are a couple of problems you will encounter in this strategy. The first is that, to predict these numbers, you need to have a statistical accuracy of at least 2000 spins.

If the math is right, most roulette tables can make only 40 spins an hour, so you will have to track every spin for at least 50 hours.

Even after doing all that hard work, you might discover that the wheel is not biased, and you will have to start planning again.

Tracking the Dealer

Another strategy that many people look out for is the dealer. Many gamblers think that the dealer will consistently release the ball into the wheel at a certain time and speed.

By tracking their dealer’s action, they believe that they can predict where the ball will land for at least a couple of numbers.

This is not typical and practical. As a matter of fact, when you try to track the dealer, you have to estimate how fast the ball was thrown and how fast the wheel is spinning.

This will end up landing in some random numbers because there are factors that affect the ball’s landing. This might not be a perfect strategy for roulette, but it is certainly an interesting concept.

Lastly, the best strategy for roulette is actually expecting to lose. This might sound counterproductive, but it’s the reality.

After all, roulette is a game of luck. You should just enjoy the casino’s ambiance and have fun with the social nature of the game.


It is not entirely true that you can consistently win in roulette. This is because there are many factors that you need to consider to be able to predict where the ball will land.

There might be many online strategies, but those cannot really help you win. As a matter of fact, most of these are only ads for the casino.

It is essential to learn all the information mentioned above, especially if you are new to this game.

The game of roulette is not hard to understand, but it can get complicated if you do not know what you are playing for.

Recent Posts